a Venue for Weddings, Corporate Events, Community & Family Gatherings, and much more…
The farm was established in 1850. The Historic Langtree Plantation Farm House was constructed near the end of the Civil War by Dr. Henry Yeoman Mott. Dr. Mott, as he was so familiarly known, was a true type of the old-time southern gentleman, a manly, erect figure, a man loved and honored by all who knew him. Born June 1, 1841, at Flat Rock, Henry Yeoman Mott was a son of an Episcopal minister and his wife, Rev. and Mrs. T. S. W. Mott. Dr. Mott’s father, who was a member of a prominent Canadian family, who came to the South many years ago, was the founder of the old St. John’s Church-In-The-Wilderness at Flat Rock and of the Episcopal church at Valle Crucis.
Today, the venue is located in the heart of the Lake Norman Region, just 18 miles northwest of Uptown Center City Charlotte. Lake Norman is sometimes called an “Inland Sea,” with over 520 miles of beautiful shoreline. It is 34 miles long and 8 miles across at its widest point.
The Lake’s shoreline touches the Towns of Mooresville, Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Denver and other smaller areas, but the regions reach extends to Charlotte, Davidson, Historic Downtown Mooresville, Lincolnton and Statesville. It is centrally located from Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, Concord Airport, & Statesville Airport.
Sometimes known as “Casual North Charlotte”, life & business is more relaxed where “Business Causal is Everyday!”… But still home to LOWES Corp HQ campus, Ingersoll Rand N.A. HQ, and major presence of Duke Energy, Newell Rubbermaid, Irwin Tools, Davidson College, and over 50 NASCAR Teams..